GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. It is a standardized aptitude test with a pre-defined syllabus and is required for admission to many of the world’s leading Business Schools.
The GMAT score is generally accepted as one of the most valid and reliable testing schemes in graduate business schools. The exam is designed to measure the skills students require to succeed in the challenging curriculum. Being a computer-adaptive exam, it is one that assesses the student’s verbal, quantitative and analytical writing skills rather than a handwritten test. Being computer-based, the GMAT exam can determine the student’s ability by selecting questions based on previous answers. As the student progresses with the exam, the difficulty of questions alters in accordance with the number of correct or incorrect answers given.
It is essential to undergo proper GMAT coaching before you appear for the test. The Indoz Overseas offers quality GMAT coaching that ensures students get the best possible preparation. Here are just a few of the reasons why students should choose to prepare for their GMAT with The Indoz Academy:
- One of the largest and most successful global education companies in India with 21 years of experience in assisting students make informed decisions about their future and guiding them about their education options both in India and overseas.
- Vast experience in providing quality test preparation programmes for some of the most common standardized tests worldwide having helped several thousand students every year to successfully achieve their desired test scores.
- Experienced, qualified and professional faculty drawn from some of the most elite institutions in India, all of whom have undergone a rigorous training schedule and are subject to a regular and thorough evaluation process to ensure that their subject knowledge and teaching practices continue to be amongst the best in the industry.
- Thorough understanding of university entry requirements and admission processes worldwide with a vast network of partner institutions across the globe where thousands of students are placed annually, having successfully achieved their desired test scores.
- Flexible and convenient schedules that suit students’ needs and requirements with small batch sizes that allow personalized attention to ensure that every individual establishes realistic goals for score improvement, understands the key test concepts and is given comprehensive guidance on effective test taking strategies.
In addition, The Indoz Academy also offers all its students a comprehensive 5 Point Study Plan built around their needs and requirements. Students enrolling for GMAT practice test preparation with The Indoz Academy will benefit from the ability to:
- take a demo class before enrolling
- monitor progress through personalized review sessions after class hours
- improve test scores through extra tutoring and result orientated strategies
- enhance aptitude levels through customized question pools and strategic quiz tools
- revise from question banks that mirror the test exam
Two highly powerful preparation methods that The Indoz Academy GMAT coaching centres adopt are:
Critical Thinking Strategies: Realising that standardised tests rely on more than just the content, The Indoz Academy constantly updates and customizes its study and reference material, along with practice test papers, to ensure that it addresses the student’s specific areas of concern. In addition, the faculty regularly arranges additional workshops or extra-help sessions on particular topics in which the student has underperformed during the mock test.
Essential Practice: The Indoz Academy collection of practice tests, other than basic content and timed drills, simulate the GMAT. The realistic practice and extensive training, as well as test day tips and exam strategies provided by our expert instructors, enhance the student’s confidence in facing the actual exam.
The GMAT consists of four sections:
- AWA (Analytical Writing Assessment)
- Integrated Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
Structure of the GMAT
|Test Section||Analytical Writing Assessment||Integrated Reasoning||Quantitative||Verbal|
|Total Number of Questions||1||12||31||36|
|Types of Questions||Analysis of an Argument||Table Analysis, Graphic||Problem Solving Data Sufficiency||Critical Reasoning Reading|
|Interpretation, Multi-source reasoning, Two-part Analysis||Comprehension Sentence Correction|
|Time Allowed||30 mins||30 mins||62 mins||65 mins|
Total GMAT scores range from 200 to 800; two-thirds of test takers scores between 400 and 600. Verbal and Quantitative scores range from 0 to 60; scores below 9 and above 46 for the Verbal section and below 7 and above 51 for the Quantitative section are rare.
The GMAT can be taken in 94 countries across the world. Appointments are available six days a week all year round. Students can appear for the GMAT once every 16 days and a maximum of five times in one calendar year with scores being valid for up to five years. If a student is fortunate enough to score a perfect 800 in the GMAT he/she cannot take the GMAT again for five years (until after their score expires).
Further details about the GMAT are available on the official website: www.mba.com
The Indoz Academy 10 key insights into the GMAT:
- As the student progresses with the exam, the difficulty of questions alters in accordance with the number of correct or incorrect answers given.
- The GMAT scores rely on the number of questions answered correctly and the difficulty level of those questions.
- The first question in the multiple-choice section has an ‘average level’. If a student answers it correctly, the subsequent ones become more difficult. On the contrary, if the question is answered incorrectly, subsequent questions will become easier. The trend will follow until a question is answered correctly.
- The student cannot skip or return to a previous question, or change an answer.
- The student must finish the entire section and a strong penalty is imposed for leaving the test incomplete.
- The first few questions have a bigger impact on the score range than the last few.
- The performance in one section is isolated from the other.
- There are approximately 20 experimental questions in the test.
- Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning and Total scores will appear immediately after taking the test.
- The official report is received within two weeks (with essay grades).
Indoz Academy - SCO12, 2nd Floor, Kalgidhar Enclave, Baltana, Zirakpur,
More than 50 hours of comprehensive program to master every concept of GMAT
Mock Tests for real GMAT experience.
Test taking tips and strategies for getting high scores.