Work Visas & Work Permits

Introduction to Work Visa Options in Several countries

work permit is the permission to take a job within a foreign country. It may also be a permit given to minors allowing them to work legally under child labor laws. Within an industry, a work permit may be required to execute certain functions within a factory outside normal operational tasks (such as maintenance tasks) – in some places they might be called Permit to Work (PTW).

Australia Work Permit (Subclass 457)

On 18 April 2017, the Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP, Prime Minister of Australia and the Hon Peter Dutton MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection jointly announced that the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) will be abolished and replaced with the completely new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa which will support businesses in addressing genuine skill shortages.Further information on these reforms is available at Abolition and replacement of the 457 visa – Government reforms to employer sponsored skilled migration visas.Information about the 1 July 2017 changes is available. See 1 July 2017 changes to skilled visa programmes.

​The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Aust​ralia and work for an approved business for up to:

  • four years after it is granted – if your occupation is listed on the Combined list of eligible skilled occupations or this period is required due to international trade obligations
  • two years after it is granted – if your occupation is not listed on the MLTSSL.

You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.

You can be in or outside Australia​ when you lodge your application.

Australia Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)


​Who could get this visa:
You might be able to get a Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) if:
  • you are younger than 31 years of age
  • you have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognised institution in the past two years
  • you have not held a Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) before (unless you were a member of the family unit)
  • you can demonstrate your English language ability
  • you meet health and character requirements.

​Your engineering qualifications

In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:

  • bachelors degree
  • masters degree
  • doctoral degree
  • postgraduate diploma.

Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:

  • civil engineering
  • structural engineering
  • chemical engineering
  • environmental engineering
  • electrical and electronics engineering
  • mechanical, production and plant engineering
  • mining and material engineering.

​Recognised institutions

You must have completed your engineering qualification at a recognised educational institution. Study at an institution or college that is affiliated with a recognised institution does not satisfy this requirement.

​English language ability

If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland or you hold a valid passport from one of those countries, you are considered to meet the English language requirement for this visa. Otherwise, you must provide evidence of having achieved the following scores from one of the specified English language tests. You must complete your English language test before you apply.


You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.



List of passes for pass category

Pass type

Who is it for

Employment Pass For foreign professionals, managers and executives. Candidates need to earn at least $3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.
EntrePass For eligible foreign entrepreneurs wanting to start and operate a new business in Singapore.
Personalised Employment Pass For high-earning existing Employment Pass holders or overseas foreign professionals. The PEP offers greater flexibility than an Employment Pass.

Skilled and semi-skilled workers

Pass type Who is it for
S Pass For mid-level skilled staff. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and meet the assessment criteria.
Work Permit for foreign worker For semi-skilled foreign workers in the construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector.
Work Permit for foreign domestic worker For foreign domestic workers (FDWs) to work in Singapore.
Work Permit for confinement nanny For Malaysian confinement nannies to work in Singapore for up to 16 weeks starting from the birth of the employer’s child.
Work Permit for performing artiste For foreign performers working in public entertainment outlets such as bars, hotels and nightclubs.

Trainees and students


Pass type

Who is it for

Training Employment Pass For foreign professionals undergoing practical training. Candidates must earn at least $3,000 a month.
Work Holiday Programme For students and graduates aged 18 to 25 who want to work and holiday in Singapore for up to 6 months.
Training Work Permit For semi-skilled foreign trainees or students undergoing practical training in Singapore for up to 6 months.

There are certain other visas in other countries which our professional might be able to help you with.

Please call Nikhil @ +91 99880 06227 for more details and eligibility check,


Indoz Overseas is the leading Work Permit Consultants, Provides Australia Work Visa and Singapore Work Visa.

× We Are Just A WhatsApp Away From You. Click Here