The Canada Express Entry Program is a points based immigration program for professionals looking to settle in Canada. It awards points to professionals based on skills, experience, and Canadian employment status and provincial/territorial nomination. The higher your points, the greater your chances of receiving an invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency in Canada. Typically PR applications submitted through this route are processed in 6-12 months or fewer. Take advantage of this lucrative program with Indoz Overseas. We are the leading authority on Canadian migration and can help you plan every step of your immigration process.
CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM DETAIL
The Express Entry program has streamlined immigration for professionals and made the process more transparent. Key details of the program are:
- This is an online program which has no cap on applicants and is open throughout the year
- The program applies only to Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Traders Program, and Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program
- You must submit an Expression of Interest and apply as an applicant under any type of job mentioned in Skill Types 0, A and B
- Your profile will be evaluated based on points and will be placed in the applicant pool
- Canadian provinces and employers will access this pool and find talent to meet their needs
- The highest points holders are sent an Invitation to Apply for PR
- The number of ITAs issued is based on the Annual Immigration Level
Express Entry FAQ’s
What is the minimum IELTS score required for Canada Express Entry?
The test results score in IELTS is a crucial requirement for creating a profile and submitting Expression of Interest. This is in the Canada Express Entry System. The applicants must have minimum CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark) in the test for English language proficiency. This is as per the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
What are the documents you must submit with your PR application once you get your ITA through the Express Entry pool?
- Medical Certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Proof of details about you and your family members- birth certificates, marriage certificate, passport, etc.
- Proof that you have funds to support your initial stay in Canada with your family members
- Experience letter with relevant proofs
- Educational document with relevant Education credential assessment.
- English proficiency Proof
- Digital picture
- Nomination from a province if you have one
- Written employment offer from a Canadian employer if you have one
Here the step to how to apply for Canada Express Entry:
The Canada Express Entry is a digital system that manages PR Visa applications from skilled workers.
Step # 1: Find out if you are eligible
There are 2 methods by which you can assess your eligibility for a program in the Express Entry:
- Answer some queries to determine if you fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria
- Go through the exhaustive details of each program
Step # 2: Prepare the documents
You will require documents such as the results of language tests to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for Express Entry. It takes a long time to get some documents and you must get them ready as soon as possible.
Step # 3: Submit the profile
You will have to offer diverse detail regarding yourself in the Express Entry profile. IRCC will enter you in the pool of candidates if you are qualified. Then it will rank you in the Express Entry pool based on a scheme of points. Your score will be determined by the information you offer in your profile.
Step # 4: Receive an ITA and apply for PR Visa
IRCC will send ITAs – Invitations to Apply to the highest scoring candidates in the pool. You have 60 days for submission of your PR application if you obtain an ITA. The majority of the applications that are complete with all the required documents are processed within six months or even earlier.
Canada offers various immigration programs through which you can apply for a PR visa, the most popular one is the Express Entry program. The Express Entry program for Canada PR has its own eligibility requirements and application procedure.
What is the next step after receiving ITA from Canada through Express Entry?
The applicant who receives an ITA must fill the application forms and upload the required documents. This is according to the checklist issued by IRCC. They must then obtain police clearance, medical reports, and pay the specified fees. The specified funds must be shown by them and the application must be submitted within 60 days.
Should I apply for Canada PR or Express Entry through a consultant or on my own?
You are free to apply for Express Entry or Canada PR on your own. However, there are innumerable pathways for PR, several documents required, and specific rules. It is advisable that you avail services of reputed Immigration Consultants to maximize the success rate of your application
Is IELTS Compulsory for Spouse under Express Entry PR Visa for Canada?
Canada PR Visa does not mandate that the IELTS score of the spouse has to be offered by the applicant. However, if offered, this will incur extra points to the principal applicant.
What does it take to get Canadian PR without a job offer via Express Entry?
The applicant is required to secure at least 67 points out of 100. This is based on diverse factors like Language Proficiency, Work Experience, Education, and Age. Other factors include work experience, study, or close relative in Canada who is a Canadian Citizen or PR Visa holder.
Why does Canada accept foreign nationals through express entry?
Express Entry has faster processing times of 6 months or even less for Canada PR Visa applications. It is for skilled overseas immigrants who intend to permanently settle in Canada with family.
Express Entry ensures that candidates who are mainly expected to economically succeed in Canada are able to migrate to the nation. This is rather than those who are just first in the line.
Is it possible to have more than one Express Entry profile?
No. To apply for Canada immigration you can have only one profile at a time according to Canadian immigration law. Having more than one profile will not increase your chances of being invited or getting invited under a different program.
Why is it necessary to take a language test for Express Entry even if I can speak native English or French?
A language test is necessary because for immigration, every applicant is assessed by the same standards irrespective of their language of origin, nationality, or ethnicity.
The conditions for the language test include:
- The candidate must take a standard test that is conducted by an objective third party. This ensures a fair and unbiased assessment of the candidate’s language skills.
- Native speakers of English language or candidates from an English-speaking country, are also required to take a test. This holds good for those from a French-speaking country, or native French language speakers as well.
- Candidates will have to submit third-party language results for all programs under Express Entry. The results of the language tests must be included in the Express Entry profile.
- Language tests are also required for skilled immigration programs
What are the language tests one can take to apply under the Express Entry program?
Canadian immigration authorities accept the following tests for Express Entry:
CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program – CELPIP-General
IELTS: International English Language Testing System – General Training
TEF Canada: Test d’évaluation de français
TCF Canada : Test de connaissance du français
How often are the Express Entry draws held?
Typically, regular draws from the Express Entry pool are held every 2 weeks.
If I am selected, how much time will I get to apply?
The Government of Canada has a standard processing time of 6 months for permanent resident applications that are filed through the Express Entry system.
How many will Canada invite under Express Entry in 2020-21?
The target for admission of new permanent residents through the 3 federal high-skilled programs – FSTP, FSWP, and CEC – is 85,800 in 2020, and 88,800 in 2021
Is WES still accepting documents?
WES is coordinating with DHL, FedEx, Canada Post, USPS, and other delivery companies to hold mail while WES offices are closed. It has arranged for them to pick up mail for storage at WES once every week to process the ECA reports.
My University/Institution can’t send official documents because of COVID-19. Can I still get an evaluation- ECA Report?
If your university wishes to send your documents electronically to WES, please have them apply via the WES Contact Us form. WES will contact your institution to discuss possibilities for the digital transfer of documents.
Will WES still send verification requests when the office is closed?
WES will continue to send requests for verification / re-verification to organizations via email during this crisis. WES will not submit requests for verification / re-verification via mail (postal or courier) until their in-office operations resume.
Will COVID-19 affect the WES evaluation process?
WES is operating remotely to promote completion of assessment results and is working closely with institutions across the globe to obtain validated credentials electronically.