Are you skilled in any particular area of interest and hold an impeccable acumen in the same? Do you also wish to work somewhere in Australia by optimizing your skill to the fullest? Well, if that is the case, then the Skilled Independent Visa offered by the Department of Home Affairs lets you live and work permanently in Australia itself by making the best use of the various skills and traits that you have acquired while living in your native country.
To say in a nutshell, it is basically a point based visa and the applicant has to score 65 points at the most in order to become entirely eligible for the skilled independent visa. More often than not, the applicant also needs to be selected by the state or territory in Australia where he/she has applied for this particular visa. And when it comes to the age part, the candidate has to be below 45 years of age and not more than that. He/she also needs to meet all the required character and health requirements duly and also needs to possess an immensely good command over the English language and then he/she will finally become eligible for the skilled independent visa without an iota of doubt.
Based upon the different needs of their different candidates, the Department of Home Affairs in Australia has framed the below mentioned type of visa for its fellow applicants:
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
The 189 Skilled Visa is a permanent visa type through which an individual can live in Australia permanently and study or work in Australia if he qualifies eligibility according to the Australian framework skills assessment. With the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189, you will get a travel component through which you can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for a period of 5 years. The visa subclass 189 allows you to sponsor your relatives to Australia. With the visa subclass 189 skilled independent visa you can stay indefinitely in Australia.
With the entitlement to visa subclass 189, you are also entitled to permanent residency in Australia. You can also add to apply the members of your family in your visa application for subclass 189. The 189 skilled visa allows you to enroll yourself to any of the Australia’s health care scheme. ISA Migrations and Education Consultants are the experts having all the required knowledge about the visa subclass 189 and can help you in the best manner to know more about this visa and guide you get one for yourself.
What This Visa Let You Do?
The 189 skilled visa is a permanent visa type which allows to have certain 189 Visa Australia entitles to any applicant. The privileges provided by the visa subclass are:
- With the subclass 189 visa you may stay in Australia for an indefinite period and travel to and from Australia for a period of 5 years as many times as you want.
- With the visa subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa, you become a permanent resident of Australia.
- You will also be allowed to enroll in any of the Australia’s health care scheme.
- This visa subclass entitles you to sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia.
Requirements Of Visa Subclass 189
The Australia subclass 189 visa provides permanent residency to the individuals getting access to this visa. There are some 189 visa requirements which should be fulfilled to get access to the Skilled Independent visa subclass 189:
- To be eligible for this visa, you must possess the skill or occupation that is listed in the skilled occupations list of this visa subclass.
- You should be competent with the English language requirement and must satisfy the English score test.
- The health and character requirements should be completed by you and any of your family members applying with you for visa subclass 189.
- You must not be having any due or outstanding debts from the Australian government.
- Any of your visa applications or visa must not have been rejected or cancelled in the past.
English Requirements For Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
The 189 visa requirements have certain English language requirements which is compulsory for you and you must satisfy these requirements unless you are having a valid passport of and are a citizen of Canada, United States of America, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland. The required criteria of English language are:
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||At least 6 for each of the 4 components|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)||At least 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking|
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)||At least 50 points for each of the 4 components|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||At least B for each of the 4 components|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced test||At least 169 in each of the 4 components|
Eligibility Criteria For The Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa cannot be gained by anyone whoever wants it. The 189 Skilled visa has few defined eligibility criteria to be able to apply for this visa subclass. The eligibility required are:
- You must have been invited to apply for the visa subclass 189 and you will have to submit the expression of interest to make your intentions clear about applying for the visa subclass 189.
- Your nominator should be a State Government agency or any Australian territory for the visa subclass 189. You may apply for this visa only if you have been nominated as per guidelines.
- While you are invited for application, you should be less than 45 years in age.
- You must declare that you possess suitable skills as per the Australian skills assessment authority while making an application for the Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189.
- You will have to pass the English eligibility criteria and must be competent with the required level of English language.
- You must score at least 65 or more points in your Expression of Interest submitted by you to be able to stand eligible for visa subclass 189.
Checklist For 189 Skilled Independent Visa
The Australian subclass 189 visa possesses certain eligibility criteria and requirements which should be considered while applying for the visa. You may have a 189 visa checklist before you apply for the visa application:
- You must apply within 60 calendar days from the date you receive the invitation.
- You should be more than 18 years in age and less than 45 years of age when you receive the invitation for this visa subclass.
- You must satisfy the English competency requirement in accordance with the subclass 189 visa.
- The Points Tested Stream score achieved by you should be at least 65 or more in the Expression of Interest so that you can get the visa subclass 189.
- The health and character requirements must be complied with by you.
- You must have cleared all the outstanding debts from the Australian government, if any.
Processing Time Of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
The skilled Independent visa Subclass 189 is a permanent visa type which takes into consideration a lot of things while deciding on the grant of visa for each individual. The 189 Visa Australia Processing time generally is:
|75% applications are processed in||7 months|
|90% applications are processed in||8 months|
Seek help and guidance from our Migration Agent Australia to get faster access to the visa subclass 189.
FAQs Regarding Via Subclass 189
What is Skilled Independent Visa?
The Skilled Independent visa subclass 189 is a permanent visa type which allows you to stay in Australia for an indefinite period and comes with a travel component that allows you to travel to and from Australia for a period of 5 years from the date of visa grant.
How is visa subclass 189 and subclass 190 different?
There is a very slight difference between the 2 visa subclass that is the visa subclass 190 requires sponsorship from a State or Territory Government and the visa subclass 189 is an Independent visa type.
What is the required processing time for subclass 189 visa?
Generally, the visa subclass 189 is processed in 7 months for 75% applications and 8 months for 90% of applications. Seek help from Expert Agent Australia to get yours as soon as possible.
Where can I apply for subclass 189 from?
While applying for the visa application of subclass 189 you may be inside or outside Australia, but while your application is under immigration clearance, you should be present outside Australia.
What is an Expression of Interest?
Expression of Interest is also known as EOI in short. It is document whereby the applicant expresses his or her intention to apply for a Skilled Visa category and achieves the scores under the points test stream to find themselves eligible for the Visa subclass 189.
What is the cost of Visa Subclass 189?
The visa application form costs AUD4045 for the visa subclass 189 which is exclusive of any applicable bio-metric, police certificate or health checkup charges.